Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Esya and her superheros

We are planning a birthday party for Esya this coming Saturday nite. Sorry dear friends, it is a small scale, family only (next year I'll send u an invitation). Well, it is rather a belated one as hers actually falls on the 5th May. Since May is awfully packed (birthdays-Esya, my bro, my hubby and myself), we feel that it is brilliantly economical (hehehe...nak jimat) to have it all at one go! So, Saturday it is...

Of course, a birthday cake of her dream is a must-have for the birthday girl. So, I asked what she wants for a cake. Without any hesitation (being a girl, I mind u), she said, "I want Ben-10!". OMG!!! Trying to steer her away from this boy thingy, I suggested Barbie or Enchanted. "No, Ibu. I want Ben-10 cake", very determined. I refused to entertain, "Ben-10 cake dah habis, kakak". Yes!!! She bought it and replied "Ok, kalau macam tu Esya nak Batman cake". Laa....pulak. "Batman pun finish dah. Power Puff Girls ok, PPG pun hero kan?" I negotiated, hoping she would agree to the idea. "Hmmm...don't want PPG, I want Superman now!".....

Warrgghhh...I surrender.

Later, while packing her school bag, I found 3 race cars hidden in the pocket, which I believe she takes with her to school everyday (they are hers actually). Only then I remembered, once her teacher told me that she doesn't mingle with girls that much, boys are always her better preference. And there was a time when I asked about her school friends, the names mentioned were Adam, Luqman, Danish, Ashraf and Iskandar. No girls???

Esya sayang, Ibu will be waiting patiently for the day when handbags, dresses and lipsticks take control of your life! For now, Ben-10 rules! Batman and Superman too...

No comments: