Monday, May 26, 2008

Yana vs Esya

I'm still recovering from the cleaning up from the earlier birthday celebration. With the mess which is very impossible to clear itself, I have to bear the monstrous sisterly fights over the new toys (Esya's presents) for the whole two days (so far). And today, I have realised, unlike Kakak, Yana can be extremely persistent, possessive and ignorant. Being a lil' girl of 2 years old, true enough that she has the upper hand of claiming the toys hers. But how about Kakak? I can't simply ignore her existence, can I? This is where I fall apart. I try not to push it hard on Kakak to give in to her younger sis all the time, yet at the same time I need to instill the values of sharing and respect in Yana. It seems so out of reach when it comes to reasoning with Yana as she just refuses to listen to what I have to say! I remember Kakak behaving the same exact way when she was two. So, I take it as it's just another stage of growing up which will past soon, I hope.

So, as far as the fights are concerned, Yana always gets her way out of it. However there are times when I observe Kakak being a big sis, never by any chance let herself be defeated by Yana. This is the time when I just have to raise my hands and leave it to them to settle the unsettled business between them as both can be extremely persistent in their own intolerable ways. To my amazement, the fights would normally end up with hugs, laughters and kisses in a matter of seconds!!! How sweet...

As a mom, I personally feel that there's no special formula to raising your children. Or is there? It all falls back to the individual child as a person. And raising children is indeed a learning and trial and error process for parents. That's the whole beauty of parenting.

As for my Esya and Yana, being 3 years apart, I'm sure that Yana will learn to compromise since she is in fact a very jovial girl and surely doesn't want to miss the fun with her kakak. Likewise Kakak. One thing that certainly touches my heart is how these two sisters would stick together for the worst and offer comfort when any one gets the scolding from Ibu or Ayah , or both in fact!!! This is when scolding would turn into a very emotional moment and Ibu would have teary eyes...Sob Sob Sob.... Not Ayah, though. One tough man!

So, the moral of the story....raise your children your own way as nobody knows them best but YOU!!!

Hats off to all parents....

No comments: