Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ibu, tidur Ibu

Both Esya and Yana sleep in my room due to the robbery episode a year ago, which has deterred us from putting them back into their own room. Security purposes. Of late, getting ready for work has to be done very discreetly and in almost total silence, so Yana is not disturbed from her sleep. Regardless how it is done, she would still wake up and ask, Ibu pergi mana? Work, I said. Her immediate response would be - Nak ikut, I want it! I want it ....and later comes the whining and loud cry waking up the whole neighbourhood.

Usually, seeing me in my work attire, she will ask me to go back to sleep, to secure her thoughts of later being left at home. Ibu, tidur Ibu - she says. I ignore and refuse. Ibu, tidur Ibu, again she would insist. And of course, being a mom, providing comfort and security is what I do best for my children, and off I will lie down beside her in my work attire, just for awhile till she falls asleep again.

Last Thursday, history repeated. I had to be next to her pretending to be sleeping. So, after a few minutes.....I woke up, noticing that it was already 7.20am. I'd dozed off for 30mins!!! Of course, late for work! Oh man...What do I do? Yana certainly has her ways of getting her mom to stay home for the day - I called office, please inform the boss I'm on leave today - MC!!!!! Hahahaha....And both Ibu and Yana were soundly asleep again.....ZZZZZZZZ

2 comments:

KidsTrendyCloset said...

Well akak, now you've gone to sleep forever. No one is going to disturb you anymore. Please rest peacefully. You deserve it after everything that you have done while you lived. We all love you very much...

Anonymous said...

Dearest Nur Aleesya and Nur Alyana,

I hope one day this finds you in the right of time and day. I am a mother of two and a friend of your mother. I have just written a poem for my daughter and I want to share it with both of you to tell you that you will always be loved.

YOu are both special and strong. Take good care of each other alright.

Love Aunty wiz

For The Little Girl A Mother Loves So Much

A loving mother once said to me,
If she had a wish, that would surely be,
to have the clouds cushion her little girl to sleep,
with the rainbow dreams for her to keep.

Her wish list goes on to the very detail,
the love of a mother not to see her precious fail,
in the simplest of steps she may lead tomorrow,
let me the mother, harbour all the sorrow.

A love so true that is beyond compare,
So unique and special, only a mother and a daughter share.
Hand in hand, in cheers and in tears,
the mother cast away her worries and her fears,
knowing the little girl she once held in her palm,
will one day too, grow up and be a mum.

Till that day comes, she'll savour every moment,
of spoiling her and let lessons be learnt,
that love of a mother will keep her company,
for today, for tomorrow and for eternity.

Aunty wiz