Sunday, July 6, 2008

The insect that opened the door

This morning as I was very handful and busy preparing french toast for breakfast, came a loud scream from the living room, and it was non other than Aleesya screaming her heart out. Then Alyana followed suit. Leaving everything I had in hands, I rushed to check what the commotion was all about. "What's wrong, Kakak?" asked me. "Ada ulat (a crawling insect that I can't identify) kat sana" said she. I misheard ulat for ular (snake) and I panicked too, screamed for Ayah to come for the rescue, yet the ular was never in sight. While waiting for Ayah to run down from upstairs, Alyana screamed once again. There came out the ulat crawling across the living room. It was just a small crawling thing, looked more like a centipede but luckily it was not, even luckier it wasn't a snake either.

Phew....great relief! And I asked Aleesya how did it get in since the door was shut closed, putting her critical and creative thinking skills at test. She confidently answered me, "I think it took the keys, unlocked and opened the door!!!". Boy, that was critical and creative enough!!! Clever, girl......

2 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Shera, I love your girls's names...but don't you make a mistake when calling one or the other? Ha ha.
What you going to name your 3rd daughter?
Wa, when both your daughters get to dating age, you and Ayah sure dapat lots of putu piring, goreng pisang when their dates come calling, ha ha....and the sounds of their BMW's or Porsches...whooooWheeee! Ha ha.

Old days in the early 50's we used firewood at home for cooking. An Indian fellow delivers them by bullock cart and stores them in our rear storeroom and some under the kitchen stove.

You can imagine the screams from my mom or maid when their fingers touch baby mice, or a snake crawls out...(I did a posting on this, "Berhenti, Siapa jalan sana"...d/d 2/26/08 and who they call to come to their rescue? Yours truly, ha ha.
Taking my time was not an option.
My mom in her sarong on the kitchen table like doing table top dancing, or our maid too, ha ha.

You know, here you can leave or drop sugar on the table, you won't find ants. No cockroaches too...ada, but in very old homes.

Have a good week, Shera, Lee.

Shera said...

Hi Uncle,
U mentioning putu piring, goreng pisang and all, dont think i can wait that long. i'd better go get it myself - now!

Haiya Uncle, why 3rd one is another daughter? I pray for a son now...soon i hope (blog about it recently). My late grandma (R.I.P nenek), made a joke about naming my son ALI since both the kakaks are ALEEsya and ALYana...hehehe.

I can never imagine using firewood for cooking, how long did it really take to boil water? And mice snake? I rather not cook at all. Nanti masuk periuk jadi curry pulak! EEEEE.....

How nice to know there's no room for ants over there. They could really be a nuisance. Here, we still live with ants among other creepy creatures in harmony! hahaha....

Have a great Thursday Uncle.